April 6- 10, and April 17-23 we are restricting access to the 'Crafty Supplies' section of the shop due to exhibiting at shows, which upsets our stock control. We are also closed for general order processing during these periods.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, normal service resumes from Monday 24th April.
Topic 5: Blue & Ochre
Prices on our website DO NOT INCLUDE VAT sales tax.
20% VAT will be added at checkout for all UK and EU customers.
TEXTURE: Heavy black texture - full coverage with more than one layer. Dries permanent with a matte finish.
APPLICATION: Apply with a palette knife, texture tool or brush - works well with stencils. Just like White Gesso works as a primer on many surface creating a matte, good working surface with a light tooth. Will provide a slight resist to non permanent colour products. It is also great for painting flat surfaces and recolouring embellishments. Air dry or speed up drying time with a heat tool.
CUSTOMIZE: Great for mixing with acrylic paint to create a white-washed, coloured Gesso.
- Gesso is a great primer on most surfaces: including canvas, wood, paper, metal, chipboard, fabric, plastic, etc.
- It is great for covering and preparing a background for art mediums: it neutralizes colors on previously painted surfaces to provide a new painting base.
- It is permanent, semi-resistant, flexible after drying – it provides a non-soaking, workable surface with a nice tooth for applying colored mediums on the top.
- Works good with stencils, texture tools and palette knives to add texture and pattern to your projects.
- As Gesso will provide a slight resist to non-permanent color products you can get a full range of interesting art effect when used with stencils, inks, sprays and water based paints.
- White Heavy Gesso is great for mixing with acrylic paint to create a white-washed, colored gesso.
PaperArtsy, Creaseys Farm, Church Lane, Brentwood, Essex. CM13 1RZ ENGLAND ~ VAT # 872804605